Monday, June 20, 2011

Dad's DayS

Every third Sunday of the month of June, we celebrate Father's Day.
{Why do I hear "Yah, we know" everywhere?}

  
On Sunday morning, though, I woke up to this touching - really really touching - Father's Day message from one of my classmates in grade school:

"I wish I could greet my dad, but I couldn't. Naiingit ako sa inyo because your fathers are still with you, and you can show them how much you love and care for them. How I wish I could also celebrate father's day with him kahit minsan lang. Sigh. I miss you, papa. how I wich you were here. I love you so much, pa. Happy father's day po sa mga haligi ng tahanan dyan."
 My former classmate's father passed away - he was with the military - about seven months before she was born.

I know father's day ended a day ago. But then - read my classmate's message again and try putting yourself in her sneakers - does that mean we stop showing our fathers how much we love and care for them?

I sure hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment