Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mutya ng Dolores : A bummer


{Notes: This blog entry went straight from my mind to the keyboards. It underwent no copyreading nor editing of any type. It is a long overdue blog entry. If you happen to be from Talogtog, Dolores, Abra or a fan of the reigning Mutya ng Dolores, don't even bother reading. If you insist on doing so, (and before you get to challenge my credibility for writing this), please keep in mind that the name of this blog is "Random thoughts and Arrogant Opinions". Makes sense?}


It still is strange that I, of all people, had the guts to write something like this. After all, it was I who later fell in love with someone I met mainly through the Mutya ng Dolores pageant. [wink] So then why would I even consider calling the pageant "a bummer?" Allow me:

While I commend the  great minds behind the Dolores Sakuting Festival for coming up with something that succeeded in showcasing the beauty of Dolorenias, I, like some other hundreds of my town mates, am not thrilled of the overall results.

 Here's part of a candidate's answer during the Coronation Night's Question and Answer portion:
"I'm sorry, I'm just a people. I'm not perfect."
Oh girl, you're beyond right, you're not perfect. I am not even close to being perfect. The person reading this right now is not perfect. Neither is Megan Fox nor LeChoke James, President Obama...the list goes on. NOBODY IS PERFECT.

However, she, who is just a people [foul!], went on to bring home the bacon: the Mutya ng Dolores crown, that is. I AM NOT FREAKING KIDDING! This is like Venus "Major Major" Raj being crowned Miss Universe, only this is a bit worse.

Yes, I am fully aware that the Q & A portions is just but one part of the whole pageant. But then, I guess we can all agree that it is big BIG part. The cliche is "Beauty and Brains." It was never (and never will be) "beauty, hot body, sexy legs, seductive eyes, nice arse and brains."

On the other hand, a little of slip-up (call it that way) won't do much to hurt your chances of winning, right? Wrong. Have I mentioned about Venus Raj? I did. Venus Raj was a major major crowd favorite even before the Miss Universe pageant and had a major major chance of going home with the title. The minor minor slip-up cost her a lot. She ended up as fourth runner-up.

The reigning Mutya ng Dolores looked good, she really did. However, all of the candidates did. On the other hand, we have to admit that only a handful of them gave good answers [see: Miss Salucag]. Now I'm biased.

It is a shame that the winner gets to represent the young ladies of Dolores the youth of Dolores pretty much the whole town of sorrows Dolores. This is so much like electing Manny Pacquiao to the House of Representatives. Oh, that guy is involved in politics? It figures.

Nuff said. I have to go wear my bullet-proof vest.

Take it easy, you guys.


 [Wanna know who I believe should have won? See here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment